Cart is empty
Bronze Patinated Spelter Horse by Valton
A very detailed large sculpture of a stallion on a marble base by Charles Valton France c1900,
Charles Valton was a student of Henri Louis Levasseur, Antoine Louis Barye and Emmanuel Frémiet. From the age of fifteen, he spent his time working in the menagerie at the Paris Museum of Natural History, making his debut at the Salon of 1868. He was awarded a third class medal in 1875, a second class medal in 1885, and a gold medal at both the 1889 and 1900 Paris World’s Fairs. In 1883 he became professor of drawing and sculpture at the Paris Germain Pilon municipal school. He was awarded the French Legion of Honour (chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur) in 1906 and continued to exhibit at the Salons on a regular basis until 1914. Commissioned by the city of Paris, the bronze sculptures Lion rugissant (Roaring Lion), Lion marchant (Walking Lion) and Lionne blessée (Injured Lioness), are among his most well-known works.
Material: Bronze patinated Spelter
Condition: Very Good
Free Mainland England Delivery
- Shipping Method : Front Door Delivery – 1-4 weeks
- Returns accepted within 14 days of Delivery
- A skilled driver will unload the item from the delivery truck and bring it to your building’s doorstep. You will be responsible for further transport beyond that point. We recommend asking a family member or friend for an extra hand;
- The delivery partner will email and/or call you at least one day in advance to arrange a delivery time.
- A wooden crate may be used for intercontinental shipments for maximum protection.
- Item will be left in its packaging after delivery.
Please examine every order upon delivery. In the event that there are visible signs of damage or missing or incorrect pieces, please indicate the problem on the Delivery Note and contact us within 48 hours of delivery. A signed delivery receipt without notations of missing, damaged, or incorrect item(s) represents your acceptance of the complete order in perfect condition.
Please email us for a quote